Thursday, March 20, 2014

Maybe She's Born With It, Maybe it's a $2 Brow Pencil

Powders, gels, pencils, pens, combo kits. I could probably teach an undergrad course on the variety of eyebrow makeup available. And given the prices of this stuff that the market bears, someone would probably pay to take it. Through years of experimentation, I have yet to find anything I like better than the tried and true Maybelline Expert Wear Brow & Eye Pencil. As I'm sure will become apparent, I am all about an indulgent trip to Sephora to pick up a top notch foundation or lipstick, but if I can find a cheap, quality drugstore substitute then bring it on!

I can't remember how I stumbled across this little gem, but it's a good blonde shade that applies quickly, is easy to control, and doesn't look orange, cakey or powderyThe only time I get compliments on my brows (usually the color) is when I use this pencil.

This works great on my brows which are fairly long-haired. If I don't keep them trimmed I quickly look like Father Time; if I do they can look more sparse than I prefer. I keep the pencil sharp and use quick short strokes to correct and fill in the shape, and to even out the color.

Any Questions?
Some reviews state these break really easily when sharpening. I haven't noticed that myself, but some time in the freezer first should cure that. Sold in a two-pack, this $3.99 purchase easily lasts me 6 months.

One for each brow?
You can find these at most drugstores and in-store or online at ULTA. They offer free shipping on $50 purchases and this product currently has a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer. If I've done my math correctly, that means you only have to purchase 34 pencils to get free shipping. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how the other colors look. I apologize to all the brunettes and redheads; take comfort in the fact that you haven't had to put up with blonde jokes your whole life. You'll need to invest the $4 to test it out. I also don't know how it works as an eyeliner, because I think this would be a funky color as a liner. I'm currently looking for a good black one though, so if you have any suggestions, please share!

Oh, Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think!