Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mom's One Line A Day Journal - Most Likely to Succeed


Oh sweet child of mine!

Before my son was born I had the grandest plans to capture every expression, milestone, and thought as he grew up. I just knew I was going to overcome a lifetime of failed journaling history and stay on top on filling out his $100 handmade baby book and that I  would carefully organize and print all the baby photos that my parents had somehow failed to take of their third out of five children. I scoffed at the idea that anything could have been more important to them then documenting my early years!

Today he turns 5 months old, and his beautiful baby book still sits woefully blank (with the exception of his name - go me!!). I cringe to even mention the stack of gorgeous baby announcements that still sit unaddressed, unsent beneath a pile of papers on my desk. I would be crushed by my utter failure as his historian if it hadn't been for this ingenius little book. My sister and I were expecting at the same time, and when I purchased one as part of a gift basket for her, I bought a second one on a whim for myself.
   
Mom's One Line A Day journal by Chronicle Books LLC is exactly that - a place to capture at least one thought, or milestone, or giggle, each day for the first 5 years of life. Each day of the year gets its own page with five entries that truly only allow for a sentence or two. You start on the page that has the date of birth and just fill in the year. You will cycle through the book five times if faithful. Since the year isn't pre-printed, this book has no expiration.

Even I can handle that! I still occasionally get behind (it's hard to write legibly left-handed while nursing!) but it only takes about 10 minutes to get caught up on a week's worth of entries. 

I especially appreciate the page at the back of the book that allows you to capture important dates such as the date of his first smile, step or "mama." This will come in handy when I finally get around to completing that expensive doorstop of a baby book!

I highly recommend this as a baby shower gift. It has a beautiful pale pinky lavendar cover embossed with gold writing. It's pretty enough to leave on your bedside stand and at under $10 on Amazon it won't break the bank.

Now for organizing those pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think!